I have been working on a creature model based on a concept I did a long while ago. There is no real high concept behind the thing. It is just something I have applied myself to in order to keep busy (and sane).
This is the first time that I have used vector displacement maps. One problem that I’m trying to fix is the small but frustratingly noticeable black seems. They seem to trace the outlines of the UV maps themselves.
I am currently working on a cool backdrop with more dramatic lighting. I hope to rig and animate the thing at some point. Animation and rigging are aspects of the pipeline I have mostly neglected before and really want to dive into.
V Displacement Maps