Monday 22 October 2012

Five-Man: Concept 4

Following Alan’s feedback last week it was decided that my previous designs are a bit too cartoony. As suggested by Alan, I have looked at the design of the Beast in Disney’s Beauty and the Beast (1991). That design is notable because of the way it realistically incorporates the anatomy of many different animals. I have attempted to reflect that in this design.
 

In this version I have used a technique to create more realistic fur. I’m not sure if it works better or not.  

These are some of the reference images that I used.


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the big old facial hair element! Nicely observed. The way the waistcoat pinches around his neck however does give the impression somehow that his neck and head portion are somehow not truly part of his body.

    ReplyDelete