Tuesday 1 February 2011

A Vague Idea

I have been thinking about reasons why a robot would be in a museum. Then I thought of the animatronic dinosaurs in the Natural History Museum in London. The problem is how to fit the skipping rope into a story involving a robotic dinosaur. Then I remembered how I was very scared of the animatronic dinosaurs when I visited the Natural History Museum when I was a kid (my parents neglected to tell me that they wasn’t actually real dinosaurs). This led me to think of a story about a girl who drops a skipping rope into a animatronic dinosaur exhibit and has to overcome her fear to get it back. I’m not sure if it’s ok to use the object as a McGuffin like this, because it is not integral to the story (it could be replaced with anything). Another problem with this idea is that the robot would not be the main character, the girl would be.
Robo-Dinosaurs!



No comments:

Post a Comment